Magic Marker and Food Trucks

ksauber
Community Explorer

I am amazed at Instructure Con.  Not only is it a place to learn about Canvas, but everyone here is a wealth of information.  I am in awe of the way Canvas brings like minded people together.  As a newbie to Canvas I am so appreciative that everyone here is of the same open source mentality.  What they have created does not belong to them or to their institution.  They are willing to share their journey so that the next person can build upon it.  So, while I was excited about the fun and novelty of food truck night, I was not expecting that it would be yet another way to bring people together.  The lines at the food trucks naturally lent themselves to building connections and sparking impromptu sharing sessions.  It is here that I learned about Magic Marker and it's ability to integrate formative assessment into the Learning Mastery grade book.  Not inside in a session, but out in the fresh air while waiting in line for dinner.  Brilliant, Instructure.  So, thank you to Scott, who taught me about Magic Marker.  And thank you to Instructure for bringing people together so that we can all make a difference in our own ways.  If anyone else has used Magic Marker I would love to hear more about it!  Or if you have any other tips or tricks for the K-12 environment.  Thank you!