My InstructureCon 2015 resolutions

wbillings
Instructure
Instructure

Hi, my name is Q. Wade Billings and I am the Sr. Director, Global IT Shared Services for Instructure. In other words, I am the guy, who along with his amazing team, stresses nonstop about the performance, availability, and security of the services that Instructure offers to our 1500+ customers.

This year will be my second InstructureCon, but it will be my first where I feel like I have something valuable to offer to our amazing customers and users. Last year, I was in learning/sponge mode trying to attend all of the sessions I could in order to learn why our customers have an almost fanatical relationship with us.

What I learned last year was that the fanatical relationship flowed BOTH ways, and that everyone in attendance was obsessively focused on making education better, engaging, and more fun.

So this year in order to get even more out of this unique opportunity, I am resolving to do some things differently.

This year, I promise to:

- Listen more than I speak

- Seek out impromptu opportunities to engage with our customers and learn about how they are using our services

- Reinforce that we love and cherish our customer's data more than they do

- Dance

- Thank my fellow Instructure teammates at every opportunity for their hard work and dedication to putting on an amazing user conference

- Brag about my amazing team, who work tirelessly to ensure that Instructure's services are performant, available and secure

- Form calluses on my hand from all the hand shaking I plan on doing this year

I am very excited for the next three days and I expect that when all is said and done, we will all come away from the conference even more excited and dedicated than we already are to the pursuit of making education accessible, available, and engaging for the life-long learners we serve and support.

Student Centered Learning, forevah!!!!