Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwoodard

Assignment Groups and PowerSchool Categories

This week I had teacher tell me that the assignment groups that they are using in Canvas are posting as categories in PowerSchool. I have tested this and it does seem to be the case. Does anyone know anything about this and if there is any documentation to support it?

Tags (2)
2 Replies
bbelew
Community Contributor

It's briefly mentioned here:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-4133#jive_content_id_In_what_PowerSchool_category_does_Canv...

In PowerSchool version 9.1 or higher, Canvas will pass back assignments and grades into the same grading category that exists in PowerSchool. If an assignment group in Canvas has the same grading category description in PowerSchool, Canvas will pass the assignment into the associated grading category in PowerSchool. Assignment groups and grading categories are case sensitive. If an assignment group does not match a grading category, Canvas Assignments and Graded Discussions default to Homework, and Quizzes default to Quiz.

Thanks for always chiming in with Grade Pass Back answers  @bbelew ​

I just wanted to chime in here as well to let you,  @dwoodard , and anyone else who is interested know that we just launched a Grade Pass Back group where you can ask all GPB related questions and also see the latest updates! Feel free to join the group here: gpb.canvaslms.com

Here's four reasons you'll want to be a part of this group:

1. It's your one stop shop for all things Grade Pass Back!
  2. The discussion boards will help you find answers, and connect with other admins!
  3. We will post weekly release notes and GPB updates!
  4. There will be monthly promotions for free SWAG! - Yes you read that right! 😉

Cheers!