cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ltaylor10
Community Participant

Cross-listing to Manual Course

Jump to solution

Can you cross-list SIS courses to a manually created course?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattHanes
Community Champion

You can do it but you need to make sure the enrollments are enrolling students into a section instead of enrolling into a course. That way wherever you put the section, the students will be updated in whatever course that section happens to be in.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MattHanes
Community Champion

You can do it but you need to make sure the enrollments are enrolling students into a section instead of enrolling into a course. That way wherever you put the section, the students will be updated in whatever course that section happens to be in.

View solution in original post

NicoleSimmons
Community Participant

@MattHanes How do I ensure that students are enrolled into a section instead of a course? Can I manually create a shell course, enroll students manually into that shell, then use that shell as a section to crosslist into the parent course? Then, how could I add new students to the already crosslisted section?

@NicoleSimmons , My statement was more intended for situations in which the SIS imports are updating the section enrollments. For manual enrollments, just add the students into the newly crosslisted course like you normally would.