cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dtheriault
Community Contributor

How does a teacher quickly find their class mean/average/median for a particular assignment?

How does a teacher quickly find their class mean/average/median for a particular assignment without having to click on 5+ things in the "individual student view?" How is this not a drop down choice on any assignment? 

Follow up question... when I click on "curve a grade" is the "average score" number the actual average score for the assignment, or the score that they think I should include as average to curve? 

@clong ‌  #new gradebook  #grade analytics #data analytics

2 Replies
clong
Community Champion

If you go to your Course Analytics ( see: How do I view Course Analytics?‌ ) and hover over the assignment marks under the Grades section you can see some of that info there.

290215_pastedImage_1.png

Otherwise you could export a CSV file of your gradebook and then open it in Excel and enter some quick formulas to calculate those numbers.

FWIW:

Priority: Analytics 2‌ should be a significant upgrade on this See: Keynote - Mitch Benson - YouTube --- hoping it gets released soon!

mdunbar
Community Member

So there is not one location to get the median, the mean, the SD (is there anywhere to get this?)?

Course analytics for median, or speedgrader for mean.

Or your other suggestion is to create my own file? That is slightly frustrating!