NCAA Approved Canvas Courses

Jump to solution
clong
Community Champion

Hi All,

At my school district we are looking at expanding our online course offerings for high school students. Obviously having the course meet NCAA criteria is an important consideration for us. I'm wondering if any of you have NCAA approved online courses offered in Canvas and if so, what reports, metrics or program design features are you using to meet and show evidence of the "seat-time" requirement.

Would love to learn more about ideas for this! Thanks!

1 Solution
SHEBENE
Community Champion

How we are doing our fully online Canvas courses is that they are based on our regular 60 hour courses (as far as amount of content), so the content is what has the requisite "seat time" for approval. We follow that with positive attendance weekly to show that they are present and making progress in the course weekly. "Seat time" works differently for NCAA in distance ed. If teachers start to take out content for one reason or another then it would run afoul of violating the approval. If it's to be used as a part of a blended environment then it's just actual seat time that is used. A hybrid model might be a different matter but I don't think we have that going on too much, at least not at our high schools.

View solution in original post