If grades are applied by a Missing Submission Policy, they do not appear in the Gradebook History
This behavior has been resolved and deployed to the production environment as of 6/7/23.
If grades are applied by a Missing Submission Policy, they do not appear in the Gradebook History.
Instead it should show a record of when the missing policy updated the score in the gradebook history
No workaround exists at this time.
Steps to Reproduce
- A published course
- At least one student in the course
- A Missing Submission Policy configured in the Gradebook
- Create an assignment with a due date in the near future
- After the submission date/time has passed, check the gradebook and confirm the Missing Submission Policy has been applied
- Check the gradebook history and notice there is no activity
Known issues indicate notable behaviors that has been escalated to the Canvas engineering team. Known issues are not a guarantee for an immediate resolution. This document is for informational purposes only and does not replace the Support process. If you are encountering the behavior outlined in this document, please ensure you have submitted a Support case (per your institution's escalation process) so Canvas Support can adequately gauge the overall customer impact and prioritize appropriately.