cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Canvas FastTrack Ep. 1 - Announcements

The Canvas FastTrack Video series is a collection of quick videos aligning Canvas with Dr. Puentedura’s SAMR Model of Technology Integration.  This model has been used by many institutions as a framework for infusing technology into teaching and learning activities.  In the video collection we will dive into the various tools in Canvas and how they align with the SAMR Model of Technology.  Watch this four-minute video introduction to SAMR if you aren’t already familiar with the model.

Episode 1 is a 2 1/2 minute video about Announcements; at the Substitution level of Technology integration how a teacher or instructor can quickly communicate with Students, T.A.'s and Observers about upcoming events, units or immediate notifications in the course. 

Thanks for watching and please feel free to leave feedback, requests, and suggestions in the comments below!

Labels (1)
9 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

Are we permitted to download these videos and edit/adapt to our unique context?

Highlighted
Learner II

I think these videos are Awesome! I want to use them and I found the link to the YouTube channel as I want to only use videos that have closed captioning and transcripts. I see that they have the automated closed captioning that YouTube does but the captioning is not accurate. Is is possible to get these edited so we can use them? Again, they are Awesome but I can only use videos that are 100% accurate in the closed captioning.

Dale

Highlighted

Hi macaulayl​,

Absolutely you can download these and make them your own, maybe with a bit more of a higher ed spin.

Thank you so much for watching, sharing and helping folks learn more about Canvas!

Leslie

Highlighted

Hi dreesd​,

It is definitely in the plan to get closed captioning and all the videos up to our YouTube channel, hopefully we will have those updated before Fall Start.  Smiley Happy

Thank you for your feedback and watching, and sharing the videos!

Leslie

Highlighted

Would it be possible to have the links from the new "fast track" badge go to the captioned version?   

Highlighted

Hi dreesd‌ You can use this ones if you want to...

Instructor Fast Track

Admin Fast Track

Highlighted

HI traciebosket, thanks so much for posting the link.  Unfortunately when I use it, it goes to 3C media solutions but says the folder is empty.

Here's a link that goes to youtube and the first FastTrack video about Announcements. It has all the other FastTrack videos in a list.  This video appears to be correctly CC'ed.  And thanks dreesd and  sujones@parkland.edu for bringing up this CC issue. 

Canvas FastTrack -­ Announcements - YouTube 

Nancy

Highlighted

Ohhh, I am glad you told me. Okay, it's fixed now Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

lstark@instructure.com thanks for creating these videos.  I can send my teachers here to watch this video for great announcement ideas!

Labels