cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Canvas FastTrack Ep. 12 - Student Submissions via Mobile

The Canvas FastTrack Video series is a collection of quick videos aligning Canvas with Dr. Puentedura’s SAMR Model of Technology Integration.  This model has been used by many institutions as a framework for infusing technology into teaching and learning activities.  In the video collection we will dive into the various tools in Canvas and how they align with the SAMR Model of Technology.  Watch this four-minute video introduction to SAMR if you aren’t already familiar with the model.

Episode 12 is a 2 1/2 minute video about Student Submissions via the Mobile App; at the Augmentation level of Technology integration Students will submit assignments online to Canvas.  This video will share some outside the box options for students to submit mobile items and some quick tips and tricks to leveraging mobile discussion posts. 

Thanks for watching and please feel free to leave feedback, requests, and suggestions in the comments below!

Labels (1)
9 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Great video and I like the fast track video concept.  Can you make one that specifically addresses how a student submits via mobile using Google Apps?  It looked like it was going to be covered and then it went another way.  My teachers would benefit from that topic.

Highlighted

Hi Geordie_Paulus@hcpss.org​,

Thanks for the feedback.  We have a few more videos to go up that are planned, but after that we will absolutely add in the submission element! Watch for a future, updated FastTrack addressing Google Submissions on Mobile.

Thanks!

Leslie

Highlighted
Community Member

This video gives me good ideas for differentiation but I know my teachers will want to know how to get pictures of student work?  Would the student hold their paper up to the laptop camera?  Students may not have smart phones.  Does anyone have suggestions?  

Highlighted

You're right -- this is one of those "some people can do it, some people can't" scenarios.  

It might be worth taking a survey to see what students have available. Otherwise, you'd have to have other options.  I could imagine a camera station (or more) in the classroom if you wanted to make everybody's assignments digital for "super grading."   

(I wonder if somebody could figure out a way to use old phones as cameras using a USB cable to move the pics, because I know I could take up a collection...)  

Highlighted
Surveyor

I just wanted to mention after viewing a majority of these (awesome!) Fast Track videos, that the link to the SAMR model doesn't actually work.  The updated link is: https://www.commonsense.org/education/videos/introduction-to-the-samr-model 

If you want even more information on the SAMR model, check this blog post out by Dr. Puentedura here: https://www.commonsense.org/education/blog/samr-and-blooms-taxonomy-assembling-the-puzzle 

Highlighted

Oh thank you for the share, should be pretty quiet with the holiday next week. I'll work on updating all 32 of them that are SAMR aligned. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

You're welcome! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi, our elementary and middle school students are all on iPads (most use the Student App; some use the Safari browser).       We would love video tutorial that are made for younger students on mobile -- they are trying to learn from home without the help of their teachers (some without the help of a parent).   A series of videos for young students showing them how to: submit different assignment types; record video and audio responses on discussions; upload pics from their iPads to an Assignment or discussion; etc.     

This would be HUGELY valuable so teachers don't have to try and teach students content and ALSO have to create tutorials for little ones.   (I'm seeing a lot of teachers creating their own how-to's for students these days -- and they shouldn't have to be spending their time on this).

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Also -- when students submit a picture, I don't think teachers have the option to use any annotation tools to an image (only .doc, .pdf, .ppt)

0 Kudos
Labels