cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Canvas FastTrack Ep. 13 - Student Comments & Feedback

The Canvas FastTrack Video series is a collection of quick videos aligning Canvas with Dr. Puentedura’s SAMR Model of Technology Integration.  This model has been used by many institutions as a framework for infusing technology into teaching and learning activities.  In the video collection we will dive into the various tools in Canvas and how they align with the SAMR Model of Technology.  Watch this four-minute video introduction to SAMR if you aren’t already familiar with the model.

Episode 13 is a 2 1/2 minute video about Student Comments and Feedback; at the Augmentation level of Technology integration Students will submit assignments online to Canvas.  Incorporating the comments portion of graded assessments helps to drive quality feedback and engaging conversation between students and their instructors.  Teachers can add more depth to the learning experience for students with a tiny addition of comments and feedback.

Thanks for watching and please feel free to leave feedback, requests, and suggestions in the comments below!

Labels (1)
11 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Love(!!!) the idea of having students add a reflective comment with each assignment submission lstark@instructure.com, for some reason I've never come across this before or suggested it.  

- Melanie 

Highlighted
Community Member

Speed grader is going to be a great buy in piece.  Grading is quick, specific and affords differentiation.  

I like the ease of audio feedback - I can speak faster than I can type sometimes, but if I have spinach between my teeth a video comment could be something I don't want my students to have a record of. (Although the intermittent gafe might encourage student engagement!)

Highlighted
Community Member

I would have liked to see a real-time demo of recording a video/audio announcement or feedback. On that note, lstark@instructure.com, would you happen to know of a digital resource that acts like a teleprompter, putting up a narrow side window on the screen so you can maintain eye contact while reading your script?

Highlighted

Agreed, Melanie. It's one of my favorite 'tips' to share with teachers. I'm doing a CanvasLIVE session later this month that focuses more on this very option. I'll expand on the suggestions that Leslie made related to quality reflective prompts and discuss some strategies teachers can use to make this second-nature for students. Credit goes to jward@instructure.com, as I first heard this suggestion from him over a year ago!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

lstark@instructure.com‌ thanks a million for your fast track videos. It's the school holidays here and I can't believe I've spent most of my day listening to your work. Not only did the day fly by but I learned so much and was reminded about so many things. I will certainly be re-watching as well as directing colleagues to watch.

Highlighted

Hi bobby.pedersen@education.tas.gov.au‌, 

Thank you so much! I am so happy that these are giving you some ideas, hopefully with some of our new releases I'll start adding a few more videos. Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Leslie

Highlighted

Ron,  have you used OneNote?  One Note has the ability Dock to Desktop and then you can move the dock while your other application windows adjust to it.  (On my version of OneNote the "Dock to Desktop" option is on the "View" ribbon.)

Highlighted
Learner

Does anyone know where the video moved to?  I tried to watch it but there was an error message saying it might have moved to a new address.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi jmattern@interact.ccsd.net‌, 

It should still be showing up, make sure that you are able to watch Vimeo videos on your device or clear out your cookies and cache to see if that allows it to display again. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Leslie

Labels