cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiffany_morgan
Community Contributor

Last Activity Question

Hello

I'm looking Beta Analytics in our beta environment and wondering why there is a discrepancy between last activity in the beta analytics students table and the same student(s) last activity listed in People?

I've attached side-by-side screengrabs as an example

Tags (2)
6 Replies
mzucal
Community Contributor

II'm trying to determine how a student could have a date in the Last Activity column but does not have a date in the Last Interaction column. See attached image. The grade column indicates they earned an A or B but the date column meanings are not intuitive. 293668_10-17-2018 4-00-58 PM.jpg

kturco
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @tiffany_morgan ‌,

This issue is related to courses that have been concluded. Analytics Beta does not currently display activity past the concluded date. 

@mzucal ‌,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, could you email me with the course URL so we can investigate? My email is kturco@instructure.com.

Thanks!

Kevin

tiffany_morgan
Community Contributor

That is very strange. I tried this  again in beta just now with a course that is not concluded. When I looked at Beta analytics you are right it does say concluded there. I thought maybe this was a fluke within the beta environment so I tried turning it on it an active live course in production. It does the same thing--I shows as "course concluded" in beta analytics, despite not actually being concluded. Any ideas?

This looks like a bug. We've logged a ticket and will dig into it. 

Thanks for the additional info.

Kevin

kturco
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Tiffany,

We have addressed the course concluded display in Analytics Beta. Please take another look and  let us  know if  you are still seeing  the issue.

We are still  investigating the discrepancy in the data points.  

Can you  please  email me  directly with the course Title & URL  at  Kturco@instructure.com, so that  we can troubleshoot further?

Thanks!

Kevin

tiffany_morgan
Community Contributor

Thanks-will do!