Cannot download quiz responses

DavidBeaver
Community Member

I cannot download the collected quiz responses from all students for a "New" quiz. I asked Canvas help, and they spent 45 minutes telling me to do various things that mostly didn't make any sense whatsoever, before finally saying it couldn't be done except by downloading each students' responses individually, which wouldn't;t even help much. They could just as well have told me to use copy and paste, or write everything down in a notebook. 

The impossibility of downloading all responses makes it next to impossible for me to detect improper collaboration between students.

I would like to complain about

1) the fact that "new" quizzed were rolled out before they were at a proper release level

2) the fact that there is no proper way to submit complaints

3) the lack of functionality of new quizzes

4) the unintuitiveness of the new quiz interface. E.g. what on earth does it mean that quiz statistics are available, such as they are, under "build"? How is it intuitive that "item banks" are different from "question banks" and how is it intuitive that item banks are not available from the overall quizzes menu? The permissions menus for item banks make no intuitive sense.

5) The canvas support team is not properly trained on new quizzes.

6) I need to submit multiple captchas just to submit a comment (3 so far).

Labels (1)
0 Likes