Differing Migration Results for Surveys

kda106
Community Participant

Is anyone else finding that the bulk migration methods in beta are dropping your surveys questions and not migration them to New Quizzes?

This is what we are finding:

• Using Import -> Copy a Canvas Course, if you select to "Import existing quizzes as New Quizzes", surveys are imported as Classic Quizzes (not migrated) and all of the questions are lost during import.
  • Using Canvas Course Export Package (either IMSCC or QTI), if you select to "Import existing quizzes as New Quizzes", surveys are again imported as Classic Quizzes (not migrated) and all of the questions are lost during import.
  • BUT if you just do the individual/manual migration of an existing Classic Quiz survey, with the questions in it, then it migrates fine.
According to How do I migrate a Canvas quiz to New Quizzes?, "You can also migrate a survey from Classic Quizzes to New Quizzes. However, the survey will be migrated as a standard quiz as New Quizzes does not include a survey feature." 

This issue is not included in the Beta Release notes Known Issues, and I am unable to add a post, ask a question, or provide feedback in the release notes or any other areas of the New Quizzes groups. But I am assuming this is not intended behavior.

0 Likes