Group Canvas Quizzes

Jump to solution
JamesSmith4
Community Member

Is there any chance that a functionality for group quizzes might be added to Canvas? I am not a programmer, but it seems that it would be as easy as adding the already existent category of group assignments as a quiz option. I have work arounds to compensate for this lack of functionality, but they are cumbersome. I believe other people have suggested this as well. 

1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

That's an interesting suggestion, @JamesSmith4. Can you reply to your message with the workarounds you have created? I am interested to know how you manage the problem of figuring out which student answered which question (if that matters) and also how group members figure out who's going to answer each question (first come, first served?). My own workaround would be to use a Collaboration or a Content Page where each group gets its own document/page to edit.

Answers to those questions (and others I'm sure you've worked out) would be excellent inclusions in a proposal to improve Canvas by adding this option. The process to do so is explained on the Community page How do Ideas and Themes work in the Instructure Community? 

View solution in original post