How to accept any answer as correct in multiple choice questions?

Jump to solution
TeresaGooler
Community Member

I have a New Quiz with a couple questions that are set as "multiple answers". I am asking them which day(s) of the week did they work out. They could all be correct, but the student only has to pick one. How do I make this question always show as "correct" regardless of what students have chosen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
stimme
Community Coach
Community Coach

I don't think it's possible to set up a Multiple Answer question to give full credit regardless of the student's chosen responses. But there is a way to do this, more or less, with Fill in the Blank questions using regular expression matching. It allows you to accept, for example, any response of one character or more. I'm attaching a screen shot with that regular expression. Here's the portion guide about this type of FITB question.

View solution in original post

ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

That's a great suggestion, @stimme . Another option is to give each answer of a multiple choice the same value, which is a feature that I really like in New Quizzes. It's detailed on the Canvas Guides document How do I create a Multiple Choice question in New Quizzes? | Vary Points by Answer

I use this feature in a New Quizzes assignment where one of the questions asks students which course theme their submission connects to. Since there is no correct answer to this question but it's worthy of being rewarded with points, I give each answer the same point value. I then modify the student result view so that they do not see their responses indicated as correct/incorrect but they do see the points awarded per question.

View solution in original post