New Quizzes: Display Mark as Complete/Incomplete does not take into account if the answers are incorrect

JayParekh
Community Participant

New Quizzes: Display Mark as Complete/Incomplete does not take into account if the answers are incorrect. They only take into account that the student has submitted their answers. 

Below are some findings from my test:

• If in a New Quiz,  Display Mark is chosen as Complete/Incomplete, whatever the teacher grades to individual questions, the final mark will show as Complete even if the teacher marked some questions as incorrect. To my surprise, the final mark is locked and cannot be changed to incomplete if the teacher wishes to just because Canvas engine considers Student's attempt as Complete
  • In this particular example, when Canvas give the option to "Display" mark as, it is not JUST determining "display" of marks but is actually changing the engine of marking in New Quizzes and I am not happy to find that out as we have used this settings in many of our courses where Displaying Mark as Complete/Incomplete is the standard procedure but it does not mean attempt/no attempt as we still want our students to answer everything correctly in those New Quizzes. 
I couldn't find any documentation about how Complete/Incomplete works especially in New Quizzes either. I think Canvas should fix this mechanism and improve documentation and resources around this. 

Would anyone have any idea on how do we fix this without changing "Display" mark as because we still want the markbook to only contain ticks and crosses only and no points value ? 
Thank you in advance.
Labels (2)