Qmlativ Integration Overview
Instructure supports a SIS integration with Qmlative Information System (SIS). The integration uses APIs made available from OneRoster 1.1 where the SIS is the OneRoster data provider, and Instructure is the OneRoster data consumer. Learn more about OneRoster and the Instructure OneRoster implementation.
The Instructure Qmlativ integration allows Qmlativ to sync rostering data to Canvas and for Canvas to post assignments and assignment grades back to the Qmlativ gradebook.
As an admin, you can review the integration functionality and limitations and request the integration for your institution.
The OneRoster integration works bi-directionally:
- Qmaltiv to Canvas Provisioning: When you make changes in Qmaltiv (to users, courses, enrollments, etc.), those changes are reflected in Canvas after a nightly, one-way transfer from your SIS's OneRoster 1.1 API to Canvas.
- Canvas to Qmaltiv Grade Passback (GPB): When instructors make changes or updates to course assignments and student grades in Canvas, those changes are sent to your SIS using OneRoster 1.1 API. Learn about syncing grades from Canvas to the Qmaltiv gradebook.
The following data is included in any provisioning transfer:
- Course Grades/Gradebook Scores
- Graded Assignments
- Graded Discussions
- Graded Quizzes
Note: Canvas and Qmaltive define Terms differently. In Qmlativ, terms are built around the earliest section start and latest section end dates. Canvas terms determine course access dates based on user role and may extend beyond Qmlative term start and end dates. For that reason, term dates in Canvas may not exactly align to term dates in Qmlativ.
Qmlativ Integration Prerequisites
Before implementing the Instructure Qmlativ integration, your institution must meet the following requirements:
- Request your institution's OneRoster 1.1 credentials from Qmlativ. These OneRoster credentials (API URL, client key, and client secret) should be sent to the Instructure SIS team using a secure Canvas-provided link.
- Once you have shared your OneRoster credentials, the Instructure SIS team will verify the integration connectivity.
- If your institution is converting from one SIS to another or transitioning from a different integration, the SIS team must perform an evaluation of the integration against your data. The SIS team will contact you with any concerns about converting to the Classlnik integration.
If you are interested in enabling the Qmlativ Integration for provisioning, please contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) for consideration.