Highlighted
Community Member

Group Set Not Showing in Student View

Jump to solution

Hi, I am trying to create groups for an activity, but they are not seen in the student view.  I saw a similar question on here that was answered with the advice of making groups within the group set.  I have my group set and my individual groups within the group set created, but when I click on student view, the tab is not there.  I have two group projects and one of the tabs shows up and the other is not showing up. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Lamplighter

kgriffin@uvu.edu‌, Student View is the view of the Test Student, and since the Test Student does not belong to any groups, Student View won't reveal them. Are your students reporting issues seeing the groups to which they're assigned?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Lamplighter

kgriffin@uvu.edu‌, Student View is the view of the Test Student, and since the Test Student does not belong to any groups, Student View won't reveal them. Are your students reporting issues seeing the groups to which they're assigned?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

This is for next semester's course but I thought it was odd that one group assignment's group set tab was showing up in student view, but the other one is not. I am writing instructions on how to sign up for a partner and would love to link up to it, but it just doesn't appear. Do you think this may resolve itself when students are enrolled in the course? Then the particular group set tab will show up?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Oh, I don't know if it matters but in both cases, self-sign up is enabled.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lamplighter

Yes, kgriffin@uvu.edu‌, when students are enrolled and the course is published, students will be able to avail themselves of the self-signup option, and everything should then be fine. Please come back if you still need help with this when the semester starts.

And I neglected to give you the link to the documentation around Student View (check out the third paragraph of the blue section): https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13122-415261153 

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Community Member

I have a similar problem as Kathy. I'm setting up courses for next semester. I'll be using groups for the first time. I want to be able to see what the groups look like from the student view so that I have a clearer idea of what settings I will want to use.

0 Kudos