Highlighted
Community Member

HTML Editor?

Jump to solution

When I create a new page and edit it I never get the HTML editor option.  How do I get that to show up or where do I find it so I can embed outside content?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi whunter@fusd1.org...

Depending on the version of the Rich Content Editor you are using, you'll want to check out either of these Guides:

Make sure to pay attention to the information in the blue box of each of those Guides.  There is a PDF file attached which contains a whitelist of allowable HTML tags in Canvas.  Not all HTML tags are allowable in Canvas.

I hope this helps, Wendy.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...be well...stay safe.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi whunter@fusd1.org...

Depending on the version of the Rich Content Editor you are using, you'll want to check out either of these Guides:

Make sure to pay attention to the information in the blue box of each of those Guides.  There is a PDF file attached which contains a whitelist of allowable HTML tags in Canvas.  Not all HTML tags are allowable in Canvas.

I hope this helps, Wendy.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...be well...stay safe.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Navigator

whunter@fusd1.org,

chofer@morainepark.edu gave the answer.

I just wanted to comment that it seems that several people are getting bit by this recently. What is happening is that they have been switched to the New Rich Content Editor (RCE) where the link to the HTML editor is at the bottom and not labeled HTML Editor so it's easy to miss if you don't know what the icons mean (or read the lessons in the Guide that Chris linked to).

For the New RCE, the link to the HTML Editor is now the < /> at the bottom of the editor.

Labels