cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

How do I access the permalink to assignments, etc.?

Jump to solution

I would like to be able to send a permalink to assignments, content, quizzes, etc. in emails to students in order to direct their attention to the specific area of my course. How do I do this? (This was a terrific feature in Google Classroom. I know this feature must exist in Canvas, but I can't find it.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi steve.peterson@decorah.k12.ia.us, and thanks for your great question.

You could grab the URL for the quiz, assignment or discussion and pop the link in your email perhaps. 

Have you used the Inbox in Canvas? This is handy to message individuals, small groups and whole classes. 

Sing out if you need a hand. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi steve.peterson@decorah.k12.ia.us, and thanks for your great question.

You could grab the URL for the quiz, assignment or discussion and pop the link in your email perhaps. 

Have you used the Inbox in Canvas? This is handy to message individuals, small groups and whole classes. 

Sing out if you need a hand. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Thank you! Wondering...have you tried this? (I haven't and don't have students yet. Trying to get a head start on workflows for next year...)

Is the URL that I see on my teacher page the same URL as the learners see on theirs? I'm wondering because I have a teacher account and the students have a different account. In Google Classroom there was a way to generate a permalink that took care of the difference between student and teacher accounts.

Again, thank you for your insights.

0 Kudos
Labels