Is it possible to integrate Zoom with a free Canvas (instructor) account?

Jump to solution
MonicaRysavy
Community Member

Hello, 

I'm an admin on my Zoom account and am testing out Canvas for possible use as an instructor. Is it possible to integrate Canvas and Zoom directly if I am using the free instructor Canvas account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @MonicaRysavy 

It is entirely possible to integrate Zoom with Canvas; and in fact, our entire state system did just that. Please see Zoom Video Communications for more info. You will find a link to integrations instructions near the bottom of this page, but I have also added it here for your convenience: Integration Instructions for Zoom Canvas App.

However, I am not sure that you can do this with an FFT (Free for Teachers) Canvas account. If Zoom cannot be integrated at the course-level, you will need help from Canvas Support to add it to an FFT account if it can even happen.

I just found this answer about FFT and Zoom from my good friend @Chris_Hofer ........

"I don't believe that you would be able to integrate the Zoom LTI Pro app inside of the Free For Teachers (FFT) version of Canvas. However, you could still use Zoom outside of Canvas. For customers who have a paid Canvas account and also have purchased Zoom licenses, the Zoom LTI Pro integration simply puts a "Zoom" menu within your Canvas course navigation. It then allows you to schedule your Zoom meetings inside of Canvas without having to go out to the Zoom website. You and your students can also access Zoom cloud recordings within the Canvas integration. But, since you are on FFT, you can just schedule all your meetings via your Zoom account and then send out the meeting details to your students."

Kelley

View solution in original post