cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Student orientations to Canvas & mobile phone settings

Are there any very simple examples of a student overview orientation guide on how to use canvas. We are a small training organisation and don't need anything overly complicated. Also any guidelines on the best way for use to set up our orientation.

Interested to know if student mobile canvas app can be viewed in landscape mode.

Regards

Peter

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi peter@petertranter.com 

Best bet is to always check out the Guides in this community, there is some great stuff in there. But................. here are some that might meet your needs.

• a video introduction
  • video

The reality is that from the student perspective, Canvas is incredibly easy to use. It was always intended to be so. Our students have mush less trouble than our teachers.

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

Highlighted

Thank you Kelly much appreciated, I will check out the links

Regards

Peter

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 6:25 AM kelley.meeusen@cptc.edu <

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

peter@petertranter.com‌, 

The Canvas apps do not support landscape outside of viewing video. This has been voted on a few times in the community, but the feature hasn't been added:

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12313-student-app-enable-landscape-view 

Highlighted

Hi Ryan.Seilhamer@ucf.edu

Perhaps I'm missing something or maybe it's different on Android, but I can turn my phone sideways and use it landscape mode in the Canvas Student App. (I also use iOS app on my tablet in landscape with no problem, but tablet has bigger screen.)

Page
landscape mobile page

Assignment
landscape mobile assignment

Discussion
landscape mobile discussion

Cheers - Shar

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels