How do I set up an assignment to be sent to Rediker for grade passback?
If your institution has set up Canvas grade passback (GPB) with Rediker, you can sync your Canvas course gradebook to your Rediker gradebook. However, you must first specify which assignment(s) in the course should be included in a GPB sync.
You can also specify which graded discussions and quizzes should be included in GPB sync.
In Course Navigation, click the Assignments link .
Click the Add Assignment button.
Alternatively, you can edit an existing assignment. To open the assignment, click the assignment name . Then on the assignment's details page, click the Edit button .
Add Assignment Name
Enter a name for the assignment in the Assignment Name field.
For GPB with Rediker to work, assignment names must be 50 or fewer characters.
Select Sync to SIS
On the assignment details page, select the Sync to SIS checkbox. The assignment and any student scores will be included when you sync your Canvas gradebook to Rediker.
- Your institution can auto-enable all assignments to be sent to Aeries. To exclude an assignment from SIS sync, de-select the Sync to SIS checkbox.
- The SIS checkbox also displays on quizzes and graded discussions details pages.
- The SIS checkbox does not display for non-graded assignment types.
- The Sync to SIS option may display the name of your institution's SIS.
Add Due Date
Enter a due date in the Due field .
- If you use differentiated assignments to allow different sections different due dates, you must also include a due date for the remaining students using the Everyone Else option in the Assign to field . However, only the specified sections are included in the grade sync.
- When an individual section is added to an assignment, the Everyone option changes to Everyone Else.
Click the Save button .
Note: For new assignments, you can click the Save & Publish button .
View Assignment Errors
If you cannot save your assignment, view the assignment error messages.
Assignment names are required and they must be 50 or fewer characters . For Rediker GPB, due dates are required for the Assign to Everyone option .
Correct any errors and save the assignment.