How do I set up an assignment to be sent to Synergy for grade passback?
If your institution has set up Canvas grade passback (GPB) with Synergy, you can sync your Canvas course gradebook to your Synergy gradebook. However, you must first specify which assignment(s) in the course should be included in a GPB sync.
You can also specify which graded discussions and quizzes should be included in GPB sync.
- Once set up for SIS sync, you can enable or disable synced items on the Assignment and Quizzes index pages. In the Assignments Index Page, you can also disable all assignments from being synced to Synergy.
- Non-graded assignment types cannot be synced to Synergy.
In Course Navigation, click the Assignments link.
Click the Add Assignment button.
Alternatively, you can edit an existing assignment. To open the assignment, click the assignment name . Then on the assignment's details page, click the Edit button .
Add Assignment Name
Enter a name for the assignment in the Assignment Name field.
For GPB with Synergy to work, assignment names must be 50 or fewer characters.
Select Sync to SIS
On the assignment details page, select the Sync to SIS checkbox. The assignment and any student scores will be included when you sync your Canvas gradebook to Synergy.
- Your institution can auto-enable all assignments to be sent to Synergy. To exclude an assignment from SIS sync, de-select the Sync to SIS checkbox.
- The SIS checkbox also displays on quizzes and graded discussions details pages.
- The SIS checkbox does not display for non-graded assignment types.
- The Sync to SIS option may display the name of your institution's SIS.
Add Due Date
Enter a due date in the Due field .
Canvas supports differentiated assignment due dates. However, Synergy GPB requires a due date for the Assign to Everyone option .
Click the Save button .
Note: For new assignments, you can click the Save & Publish button .
View Assignment Errors
If you cannot save your assignment, view the assignment error messages.
Assignment names are required and they must be 50 or fewer characters . For Synergy GPB, due dates are required for the Assign to Everyone option .
Correct any errors and save the assignment.