Offline Support in the Student App - Survey
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark as New
- Mark as Read
- Printer Friendly Page
- Report Inappropriate Content
At Instructure, we are always looking for ways to improve our Canvas mobile apps and make it more user-friendly. That's why we're excited to share that we are working on a new feature - Offline Support in the Canvas Student app! This feature will allow you to use a set of functionality in the app even when you don't have an internet connection.
We have created a clickable prototype of the offline support feature and are looking for feedback from our users. We want to make sure that the feature will work seamlessly and will meet your needs. We need your help to test the prototype and provide us with your feedback. What’s important to know upfront is that:
- This prototypes are not an actually implemented and working applications.
- The features you can see and use in the prototypes might or might not be implemented the same way as they appear there.
- The offline feature is not released yet (May 2023) so you will not yet find it in the Canvas Student application.
- Not all the features are represented or clickable/usable in the prototypes. If you encounter any problems, please let us know so that we can address them.
We have created a few prototypes to mimic various workflows and use cases while users are interacting with the offline experience.
To provide your feedback, please click through the short surveys below. The surveys should take no more than 5 minutes to complete and are completely anonymous. Your responses will be kept confidential and will only be used to improve our Canvas mobile apps.
To access the prototypes, please follow the links below:
- Download the content of a selected course to use offline: https://t.maze.co/149366473
- Fully or partially remove the offline content of a selected course: https://t.maze.co/149365644
- Download the content of all the courses to use offline: https://t.maze.co/149366872
- Fully or partially remove the offline content of all the courses: https://t.maze.co/144411581
- Managing the settings for the automatic offline content synchronization: https://t.maze.co/149357540
We would appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to test the prototype and provide us with your feedback. Your feedback will help us refine the feature and ensure that it works well for our precious users.
Thank you for your help in testing our prototypes and providing us with your valuable feedback. We value your input and are committed to delivering the best possible app experience for our users.
Jozsef from the Canvas Mobile team
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.