Student Record Keeping and ASQA Compliance

Jump to solution
LeisaRobson
Community Explorer

Hi everyone

I am the Admin Support Administrator within our enterprise RTO, and our team has just started using Canvas this year.  It's great!

Was just hoping for some feedback/tips regarding how other Admin Support Officers manage their record keeping processes in line with:

• assessment evidence being kept for the 6 month period - do you just use Canvas or do you download and save into your individual student files?
  • assessment outcomes (for 1st and other attempts) - do you save each individual's assessors comment into their student files?

What is the most efficient way you undertake these record keeping requirements?

Hope to hear from anyone who has some feedback/tips on your processes.  I'm happy to share my learnings with anyone too.

Thanks in advance!

Leisa

0 Likes
1 Solution
marita_bird
Community Participant

Hi Leisa,

Have popped a couple of notes beside each of your questions below:

• assessment evidence being kept for the 6 month period - do you just use Canvas or do you download and save into your individual student files?

We retain all our evidence in Canvas, we do not download anything.

• assessment outcomes (for 1st and other attempts) - do you save each individual's assessors comment into their student files?

All evidence is retained in Canvas, we don;t download anything. We use Outcomes for Assessment Record purposes (achievement of the unit) so they do not relate to attempts. Outcomes are obviously attached to a rubric and if you use the ratings within the rubric more than once then the evidence of the first rating selection(s) is not retained. The new student Assignment Enhancements do address tracking of the rubric rating selection but the same view is not available for teachers yet (fingers crossed it happens soon) which can make feedback confusing. We use 1 assignment per attempt until the new Teacher Assignment Enhancements are released.

We achieved maximum registration last year where most of our evidence throughout the audit process was displayed in Canvas.  

View solution in original post