Gideon Williams's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Direct Access to Item Banks - is there?

It is quite possible I continue to miss this but is there any way I can access my Item banks for New Quizzes rather than have to make up a quiz each time? There are many occasions when I and my co...

11-17-2019

Canvas not making the Grade (visible)...

Having just delivered some PowerPoint training to students about making their presentations more effective, I thought I'd take some of my own medicine and start with a * bang * - hence the title of t...

10-17-2019

Gamifying Digital Skills with Badgr Badges

WARNING - THIS IS QUITE A LONG POST BUT IT HAS LOTS OF PICTURES! In my school we are very fortunate to have a 1-1 device model based on the Microsoft Surface Pro. All staff, teaching and supp...

10-05-2019

New Quizzes as a Self Reflection tool, Mastery Grading Schemes and some frustrations with the Gradebook!

We have set up a custom grading scheme linking Mastery style statements to points score in a Student Self Review form (disguised as a New Quizzes quiz) in Food Technology lessons. There are 1...

09-25-2019

Course Review, Standards and Medals

Next September will be the beginning of our fourth year of Canvas (well, 31/2 as we had had a phased launch).  I have been thinking more and more about conducting a formal audit of the courses a...

07-13-2019

Microsoft Teams and Canvas...

We have 1-1 Surface Pro devices so students and staff are big users of the stylus and OneNote. Increasingly noticing an either Canvas or OneNote situation happening when ideally it should using ...

05-05-2019

Improving Stylus Functionality in DocViewer

The original idea to enable stylus use in Doc Viewer for touch enabled Windows devices like the Surface pro has been partially met - https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/8810-use-of-stylus-with...

04-18-2019

Canvas Emoji

Has anyone made a canvas emoji- are we allowed to do it? Would love to be able to do this. Any recommendations for an Emoji maker?

08-27-2018

Introducing Canvas to Junior Schools - Page Design, Badging, Portfolios and H5P

On Wednesday we have our second annual Canvas Day for our Year 6 Junior school students. It is an event that introduces the students to Canvas and prepares them (in part) for more extensive use ...

05-20-2018

Access Code and Quizzes.next with iPad - Help!

Trying this for a reaction in the K12 community - already posted in the Quizzes.next but thinking more chance of hitting iPad users here? I made a quiz with an access code. When I view the quiz on...

05-20-2018

Badgr: Badges, Badge Stacking and Pathways......

I will edit and develop this post to make a more structured reply but my excitement has got the better of me. This tweet popped up in my timeline yesterday: If you are at all interested in ...

04-22-2018

Avoiding the "Try this Tech Tool" trap..

I read this great post by Bobby Pedersen‌ called Horse Before the Cart. Purpose first, Canvas second.‌ In it she included this powerful comment from Kelley L. Meeusen‌ which said: I never start wi...

04-12-2018

Embedding Web 2.0 Tools

...eveloped (also has many other features) Embeds fully when made public Padlet Collaborative 'crowd sourcing' of ideas. Students create entries on a blank board. Can add text, links, images, video e...

03-03-2018

New Quizzes LTI - A few early thoughts..

Managed to get access to the new Quizzes LTI tools and had a play. Brief thoughts so far: Like the following a lot: Ordering - much needed, like that you can do ordering with range of media and h...

01-22-2018

Hiding columns

Any plans to allow teachers to (temporarily) hide columns in gradebook? I know it was suggested a while ago as an idea - https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3477-hide-grade-columns-for-teacher-g...

08-09-2017

Modify Rich Content Editor - Remove Icons

We have hybrid devices for staff and the Wiris Maths and Chemistry LTIs now provide amazing handwriting functionality so much that the built-in Maths Editor is redundant. Is there anyway of remo...

07-31-2017

Office365 LTI Phase 2

I would like to see FOUR features for Phase 2 of the integration, namely:   Ability to embed content directly from Office365 in the RCE  The feature appear in Canvas Google Integratio...

06-15-2017

H5P Interactive Content Integration

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas   This is an awesome FREE online quiz and interactive content generator that includes over 30+ different content types.   ...

06-13-2017

Use of Stylus with DOCViewer

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas This idea is applicable to any 2-in-1 / hybrid device with stylus capacity eg Chromebook, Surface Pro 4, Yoga, ASUS etc. Microsoft...

06-08-2017

Testing out Google LTI in Canvas - Collaborations

We are an Office365 school but it would appear that pretty much every student has their own personal gmail account. The Head of MFL Faculty approached me about using Google collaborations with her A ...

02-11-2017