kimhuang's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Rename Big Blue Button (or Adobe Connect) back to Conferences after deployment on 8-4-21

Here is the code snippet which we intend to use: $(".conferences").html("Conferences");   Including this piece of code in Custom Java Script file by  (Admin privilage->Themes-&...

08-02-2021

How courses are combined when PeopleSoft integrated with Canvas directly

Hi Folks, Can you shed some light on the following question: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Can you ask/research the Ca...

05-19-2021

How to disable an internal tool like Syllabus from a course navigation bar on the left

Hi Folks, Is it possible to disable and hide an internal tool like Syllabus from a course navigation bar? Our University decided to integrate a LTI tool to replace the Canvas native Syllabus. The S...

04-19-2021

The notification setting(icon) of "announcement_created_by_you" does not show the correct setting a

I have asked the same question in an existing post thread. (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Developers-Group/Notification-Preferences-API/m-p/153878#M3972) I hope the new post will be exposed t...

03-15-2021

The course enrollment could not be restore after restoring the deleted users

Dear Folks, Hope you are doing well.  This is what we found out: when we restore the deleted user by changing their status in user.csv from “deleted” to “active”, their previous course enrol...

07-27-2020

Oauth2 access token and scope=/auth/userinfo

Hi Folk, Could anyone explain the meaning of the highlighted part in this document (https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/file.oauth.html#oauth2-flow-1) “ Your application can rely on canvas for ...

04-27-2020

How do we provide the ability to the local Canvas user created through SIS import to change their password?

I noticed if the local user; the user won't be able to use the SSO to login to Canvas,  was created through the SIS import, there is not an option for them to change their password. The checkbox...

04-13-2020

The admin function of local installed Canvas

Hi Folks, I have followed the quick start from Quick Start · instructure/canvas-lms Wiki · GitHub to install the Canvas on my Mac. I noticed there were not many options for the admin ro...

02-13-2020

From the UI, where can we view the group categories

Here is the scenario, the group category is created with the course by csv. --- group_category_id,account_id,course_id,category_name,status AMS399-HIS399_F2019_GC02,,AMS399-HIS399_F2019,Precepts,a...

10-23-2019

Can the External Apps page be hidden from the instructors

Can this page be hidden from the instructors? We hope the instructors will only use the Apps which are passed the Security/Accessibility review by the security committee in the university.  Ple...

10-23-2019

Does anyone know "<lticm:property name="enabled">"

The following is a part of XML config file to config the LTI tool provider. ... <lticm:options name="course_navigation"> <lticm:property name="enabled">true</lticm:property> &...

10-17-2019