Ian Wilson's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

login/home page

Hi, My gut feeling is that this is a no. I have an tutor asking if there is anyway that when a particular group of student login to Canvas that they go to a 'home' page, which would have links to...

04-16-2024

Is there any way to see what courses tutors have access to in canvas

Hi Wondering is ther any way of finding out what courses tutors/instructors have been added to?   Any clues.

04-14-2024

The way marks are displayed in Rubric's

Wondering if this is just in our instance of Canvas. When creating a rubric and you have a range of marks to allocate, you put the highest mark in first and then to lowest mark. EG. if you want the...

02-06-2024

[Rubrics] The way marks are displayed in Rubric's

Problem statement: When creating a rubric and you have a range of marks to allocate, you put the highest mark in first and then to lowest mark. EG. if you want the range of 5 to 10 marks, the system...

02-01-2024

Any Field Admins here?

MIght not be the best place for this, but hey got to ask.... I have been asked to look at integrating Canvas with our student management system, Selma.  And I was wondering if any one has went...

01-21-2024

Multiple hotspots

Hi OK I realise that the Hotspot question option in new quizzes only allows for 1 hotspot to be setup, well at the moment. What I'm wondering about is anyone using a tool/method which allows for ...

11-02-2023

Canvas help ticketing system

Hi,   I'm currently 1 of the field admins here, and I recieve emails when an student uses the Report an Problem option in the help facility. Problem is some of the emails which I recieve w...

09-19-2023

Tutor not seeing sections in speedgrader

Some background. I have a tutor who has been allocated the teacher role on a course. But when they go to mark via speedgrader they are constatly getting an popup error stating - Sorry, there are ...

07-11-2023

Group assignment using external tool

I have a tutor who has a group project type assignment.   Setting the assignment to be a group assignment, that's OK, next we want to use the Turnitin external tool for the submission typ...

07-03-2023

Deleting a assignment submission

Hi   One of the tutors here has asked me about this. They have a student who accidentially uploaded the wrong file in a file upload type assignment.  When the student realised this th...

06-27-2023

How to see the sections in courses that are without an end date

Hi, I've had a look around but can't seam to see the answer to this. Is there a report or a way to see what sections are in the different courses that do not have an end date setup?

06-25-2023

submit an assignment on behalf of a student as an instructor - option not working

I'm an account admin. I have activated the submit on behalf of student in the permissions section, but its not showing the option as per the article https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instruct...

06-14-2023

ChatGPT

So with the recent release to the public of ChatGPT, not sure what it is then have a look at  https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/ At or college we have been discussing it and trying it out a bit t...

01-18-2023

Making a duplicate of assignment not working

I have a assignment I have been trying to duplicate.  I click on the 3 dots on the righthand side and select duplicate. But, the working wheel just keeps going around and after a good 15 to 20 ...

10-03-2022

Dark theme for web version

First off, I know that there has been a thread about this, but the solution relates to IOS.   So, had the request to see about implementing a dark theme/dark mode from several of the users her...

09-21-2022

Duplicating an assignment

Just this morning I have been experiencing an error when trying to duplicate an assignment, something which I have done many times. Getting this error.  It took nearly 10 minutes to return this...

09-07-2022

Assignments - need to select group before using speedgrader

Recently I have noticed that when I create a assignment and allocate it to a section, some things are acting up. I edit the settings, assign it to the students, publish it, the when I look at the as...

07-05-2022

New Quizzes showing all sections

Hi So we have quizzes ssetup using the New Quizzes method, yeah I know we cant get the responses downloaded from them. So the section was allocated to the quiz, but when the tutor goes into moderat...

06-01-2022

Stopping students downloading files

Hi Wondering if there is anyway to stop students downloading files. So, when I upload a document into a page and set it to preview inline, it shows that little download arrow, I want to be able t...

02-14-2022

Marks or Grades

Hi So I'm one of the account admins, and I have noticed something with the menu on the left of courses. Sometimes it says Marks, and in other courses it may says Grades, see the image below. From...

10-13-2021