How to Block Students from Inboxing Each other in a Teacher Account Not Associated with an organization

johnstuart_j
Community Novice

Hi there,

I understand this question has been asked many times on here, but I thought I would reword it, and promise to respond with my end results.

I am an elementary teacher who has been using Canvas for some time now. I have created a Canvas account, and started several online classes with my homeroom. When I first started using Canvas, I noticed that my students were privately emailing each other, which is extremely unethical in elementary grades. So I was forced to ask each student to hand over their passwords and make an effort to login periodically to address their online behaviour.

I have since learned that some organizations have admin privileges which can block "Send messages to individual course members." My question is: how does a regular teacher account seek admin privileges when they are not associated with an organization? If this is not possible, what does Canvas offer for students who are under 18 years of age?

0 Likes
Users who also had this question