[ARCHIVED] How can I move student work from one section to another?

jackhall
Community Member

Here's the scenario:

Students enrolled in Literature course section 11111 and have submitted work. A week into the term, enrollment services creates a new section Literature 99999 and moves all enrollments from 11111 to 99999. My SIS import dutifully concludes the enrollments in 11111 and processes the enrollments to 99999, however, I find out when students call my office in a panic looking for their Literature course (it hasn't shown up on their dashboard) and from the instructor wondering where the graded work went from week 1 went.

So, I restored the enrollments to 11111 and the student work was restored, so I thought I would be able to cross-list section 11111 to 99999 and have the student work and grades follow. Nope. It did work when I cross-listed 99999 to 11111. This is a perfectly acceptable solution, however, I'd really like for everything to be in 99999 since that's the actual course going forward. I'm wondering if there's something I missed here. I know I could have downloaded the gradebook from 11111 and imported it into 99999, however, the student work wouldn't follow. 

Thanks!

Jack

Labels (2)
Users who also had this question