How to stop Canvas sending Zoom cloud recording link to all participants...?

FabianChalmers
Community Explorer

My uni has Zoom integrated with Canvas, and I have scheduled online lectures via Zoom in Canvas. When I record my lectures to the Zoom cloud, Canvas sends emails to all the participants that the recording is available. I cannot find any setting to stop that. Does anyone know if it is possible?

There are two problems with the automatic invitation Canvas sends to the Zoom cloud recording:

1. I do not want to share the raw recording, but want to tidy up and sweeten the audio, before sharing. Plus, my uni has a site of its own where we put recorded lectures and share through posting the link in the Canvas course pages.
  2. A pass key is required to access the  Zoom cloud recording and the students ask me for that key, but I have no clue where to find it; I do can access the recording without any pass key.

So... is there any way to stop Canvas from automatically sending a link to the Zoom cloud recording? And I do not want to record locally, because I want to have access to and work on the recording both from home and from my office.

Thanks
// MVHMF

Labels (1)
Users who also had this question