Unlock quiz in New Quizzes

westukiah
Community Member

The "classic" Quiz tool had an option to moderate a student quiz by unlocking the quiz for the next attempt. 

The classic instructions read:

"If your quiz is locked because of accessibility dates, you will need to unlock the quiz for the student by clicking the manually unlock the quiz for the next attempt checkbox [2]."

This worked even when a student hadn't taken the quiz AND when the assignment had closed.  This was very useful for students who had been granted extensions.  I could go in and just open the quiz for a small number of them (I have 240 students).  

However, I can't find that functionality in New Quizzes, which is very frustrating.  I see that there is a "Reopen" button when I go into Moderate but it only appears if a student has at least one attempt.  I can find no way to unlock a quiz for a student who was granted an extension and so will, a) be taking the quiz after it is closed; and b) has not had any previous attempts.

This was a very useful feature so that I don't have to open the entire quiz up (to students who did not have extensions).  

Does anyone have a fix?  Can the Canvas folks add that feature?

Thank you!

Users who also had this question