Page to Module Link

dbastedo
Community Participant

I would like to see a link on each Canvas page to the module that I have placed it in.  Knowing the title of the module that each page is connected to would also be helpful when navigating by pages.  I have so many pages, that it is very time consuming to search each page on the "All pages" list. 

When I am editing my course, I am typically in a module and choose to look at and potentially edit various pages.  When I do, and want to return to the module from which I just came.  It takes numerous clicks to return, especially if I did edit the page.  I can't just click a single link and return.  If I didn't edit it is easier, I  just use the back button on my browser.   But, wouldn't it be very helpful if in the header of a page, the module that it was in was shown?  It would help keep everything straight in your mind if you were just looking through pages and it would save quite a bit of time over the long haul if that listing were also a link back to the module.  I know that many instructors may not have many pages which navigating can become times consuming. 

As I update or edit pages I am often in and out of a module.  Updating several pages take a useless amount of time to get back to the module and find it in the list.  A simple link on a page for the module that it belongs to would be very helpful and add efficiency.

Labels (1)
Users who also had this question