0 Likes
(1)

For teachers, there is no function to be able to sort students by name or sections in outcomes analysis. Most teachers have multiple sections of the same class so they have multiple sections in a single canvas course. Those classes are separate in their respective gradebooks. Skyward and Infinite Campus both function in this way. 

Currently, if teachers want to use outcomes analysis (which is the current trend in education across much of the country, with many districts moving in this direction) their students' results are all gathered in a single page and sorted by FIRST name. None of the gradebooks I've ever seen are sorted by first name, making extra work for teachers who use this function and have to transfer grades between Canvas and their SIS.

My suggestion is build in the ability to sort students by first/last name and to be able to separate out results by section.

In addition, when using outcomes, mastery isn't dictated by overall performance when looking at individual assignments. This needs to be adjustable on an assignment by assignment basis according to the users rubric outcomes and number of questions on the assessment.

For this function to be more accessible, users (teachers) need the ability to set proficiency (mastery) of a skill based on how many questions a student gets correct for specific outcomes on individual assessments. Reastically, they don't even need to be able to set mastery, they need to be able to see how students performed on those assessments and analyze that data in a variety of different ways (I am aware of how vague this is).  

0C480A45-02C9-4B19-A5B4-48F697411B3D.jpeg

The ExamView assessment tool used by some schools has a lot of useful assessment analysis metrics, many of which would benefit canvas users and make this a more powerful tool. 

For now, users are in dire need of the ability to sort outcome analysis by last name and section. 

This widget could not be displayed.
Who rated this idea