How to Delete a Assignment File that was Uploaded to Allow Re-submision

Jump to solution
harriche
Community Novice

How do I allow a student to resubmit an assignment once it has already been submitted. How do you delete the initial assignment upload that will allow the student to resubmit or upload the assignment with corrections?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @harriche ...

Students should be allowed to re-submit an assignment to you without issue.  (See Can a student resubmit Canvas assignments?)  Unless you have enabled the new feature to limit the number of submission attempts, students should be able to re-submit as many times as necessary.  Check out the information in the How do I submit an online assignment? Guide.  Also, you cannot delete submissions from students.  When students re-submit to you, you'll always have the ability to see the most recent submission along with past submissions.  Everything is time/date stamped.  How do I view the details of a submission for a student in SpeedGrader? (See the "Evaluate Multiple Submissions" section.)  Students can only see the latest submission from their view.

I hope this information will be helpful to you, Cheryl.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Be well, and stay safe!

View solution in original post

0 Likes