How do I reset my cache in the Student app on my iOS device?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on May 3, 2018Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Oct 12, 2018
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

You can reset your cache in the Canvas Student app on your iOS device. Resetting your cache will clear all information on your device that is specific to the app, including login details, some annotated documents, and app settings.

You may want to use a cache reset if you experience errors when logging in to the app. Because a cache reset will remove app information from your device, you may want to try resetting your password or uninstalling the app first.

After enabling the Reset Cache on Next Launch option, you must force close and re-launch the Student app for your cache to reset.

Open Settings

Open Settings

On the home screen, tap the Settings icon.

Open Student App Settings

Open Student App Settings

In the Settings menu, tap the Student link.

Reset Cache on Next Launch

Reset Cache on Next Launch

Locate Student Settings [1]. Then tap the Reset Cache on Next Launch button [2].

Notes:

• After enabling the Reset Cache on Next Launch option, you must force close and re-launch the Student app for your cache to reset.
  • The Reset Cache on Next Launch will toggle to the Off position after the app has launched.
You are here
Table of Contents > App Settings > How do I reset my cache in the Student app on my iOS device?
2 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes