Add "To Do" List For Students On Calender

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

On the calendar tab below "Courses," students have a calendar where they can look at course created important dates and can input their own important dates. Adding a todo list on the calendar page, maybe even in the bottom right blank corner below "Calender Feed" could help me better manage my schedule not only by remembering dates but by jotting down upcoming projects, ideas, or other commitments on a todo tab.

270840_hhhhhhhhhhh.png

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2018-08-04) .

11 Comments
cholling
Community Champion

I like the idea of a to-do space on the calendar. Seems very practical. I think if I were a student again, I would use that feature.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@butlerbertell  

cholling 

I can see where this specific idea might be helpful to some, but will you take a look at this presentation from 2017 InstCon?  The intro is great, but if you want to get to the portion about the Student To Do list, it's at about the 9:30 mark.

See if that type of an approach meets what you're seeking?

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@butlerbertell  

Did you get a chance to view the Student To Do list concept?

butlerbertell
Community Novice
Author

Are you referring to the video you posted awhile back?

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Yes.  Once you get past the Simpsons intro it goes into a new concept/approach to a To Do list for students.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2018-08-04) .

Community Novice

and a better idea would be to have a timer like alarm go off like 30 - 90 minutes before due

Community Novice

or be able to set a timer because you might be asleep when the timer would go off

maggie_davis
Community Novice

I like the idea of students being able to add to their own to-do list as well as the teacher being able to manage items. I haven't explored this feature yet, but as someone who teaches students to break down assignments and work on getting items turned in on time, any feature that would assist in this instruction is welcome. Also, I think it helps students to develop a skill they may use as an adult. Most adults use some sort of to do list at work and/or at home.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New