[Catalog] Course Listings Notification for Canvas Catalog

We would like administrators to be able to be notified when new course listings for Canvas Catalog are created. 

To make this happen a notifications tab will be needed in the admin portal and a pop-up message or a list of notifications in the webpage will appear under the notifications tab of all of the newly created course listings and start and end date of the course listings and the catalog the course listings are associated with.

272519_pastedImage_1.png

272520_pastedImage_2.png

Added to Theme

Notifications in Catalog Theme Status: Identified

7 Comments
bernstlc
Community Novice

Maybe notifications for status changes, too? When the listing is made visible/invisible, when it is opened/closed for enrollment, etc.

jsowalsk
Community Champion

Great idea!  @bernstlc ‌ can you please create this idea? Maybe a drop-down menu for this?

dunn1
Community Novice

By "listing" do you mean individual student? That is what I am in need of by course - getting notified when someone registers and when they complete. In the current registration system we use for in-person classes, I (or whomever I designate) receives an email everytime a person registers. 

jsowalsk
Community Champion

No, listing is the course, not the student. There currently isn't a way to get notified about students.

jsowalsk
Community Champion

Hi everyone,

This has become a real headache since we have over 100 listings in our Open Catalog and it is very hard to keep track of all of them instead I have go into each of the subcatalogs to check for new listings. It would be really nice to have a notification of when a new listing is created and the status of the listing of when it was updated for visibility purposes. Please take this into consideration.

Jessica

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme