[Rubrics] Editing Capabilities for Rubrics

I would like to see some additional options for Rubrics.  Specifically, it would be nice to be able to:

• Insert a new rubric row anywhere within an existing rubric.
  • Drag and drop an existing rubric row to another location in the same rubric.

Use case: I was building a rubric with 40+ rows for an instructor.  After about the 40th row of the rubric, I realized I had forgotten to add a criterion around row 20.  So, I had to delete rows 21 and beyond...insert the row I missed, and then re-add the rows I had initially added.  I soon learned you have to be really careful when building rubrics with lots of rows.

Added to Theme

Improved rubric creation and usability Theme Status: In Development

298 Comments
jbuchner
Community Contributor

Hear hear!

ssimpso4
Community Contributor

Here's the original feature discussion thread:

Re-order Rubric items : Help Center

ssimpso4
Community Contributor
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks for providing those links.  Just so you know, those links won't be active forever...since the old community will be gone by the end of June 2015.

kona
Community Champion

ssimpso4 It might be more useful - if you haven't already - to go to the old forum and post the link to the new feature request. That way people who voted and commented on the original thread will know right where to go to add their support in the new Community!

kbeimfohr
Community Participant

I agree!  This can be very frustrating.  Drag and drop would alleviate this issue.

sgriffith
Community Contributor

A Drag and drop feature in Rubrics would be amazing!  Thank you for requesting this!

Allison_Ogrady
Community Explorer

Yes- please make this functionality better. It is frustrating to have to delete rows when Canvas has drag and drop features in other capacities. It would be nice to move rows, edit, etc in just a few clicks. Thanks!

egronikowski
Community Novice

This is a frustration shared by our designers too.  This would be a great addition. 

SPARROWR
Community Novice

I didn't realize that this was not a feature of Rubrics at this point (we are in the process of rolling out Canvas this term and next term). This would be a big time saver for faculty, and we appreciate everyone who put this out for voting!