One click "ALL PAGES"

(6)

Please change the ALL PAGES so that it really goes to all pages and not the home page.  There is a HOME button on the left menu if you want to go there.  If you click the PAGES selection on the left menu, it takes you to HOME, then you have to click again to get to all pages.  Why create an extra step for users?

7 Comments
timothy_maw
Community Champion

I agree that it should take you to all of the pages as it is irritating to be taken to the front page. There was a similar idea put up some time ago asking for the same thing. https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/11436 

We use the front page as our home or landing page so we can't just disable the front page so it is one more click to find the page I need to.

ILIYAHOFFERT
Community Member

As a teacher, my district is requiring me to have a specific template set as my Home Page. However, when I want to view my All Pages list, clicking "Pages" on the navigation bar shows me my Home Page instead of my All Pages list, and THEN I have to click "View All Pages." If I wanted to see my Home Page, I'd click "Home." It would be great if we could set a Home Page without first having to set it as our Front Page.

hlovett
Community Participant

We received feedback from faculty, that they would a list of all pages to show in the pages tab rather than the selected home page when the pages tab is accessed. Having to click "view all pages" creates extra clicks. 

boocanvas
Community Explorer

ugh, two years after this was created and here I am showing up for the same reason because it has not been addressed. It is incredibly annoying and I can see no reason for it. The home page is actually the page I edit the least. I could see giving people the option to default into the home page there but it makes no sense to add clicks to get to the pages index to make one tiny edit to a non-home page page. 

If the messiness of this forum and their lack of cleaning it up, answering and prioritizing things is any indication of things to come (it is very difficult to find an actual relevant answer in this forum) then I may start working on my first ever faculty movement to get my institution to switch back out of using this. My previous lms was less pretty but so much more flexible and intuitive and answers were easy to find. 

SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

In the Course Navigation Bar, all of the following terms are plural:

• Pages
  • Discussions
  • Quizzes
  • Assignments
  • Announcements
  • Rubrics
  • Outcomes
  • Files

Except for "Pages," clicking on each term take the instructor immediately to a list of ALL of the items in that category. "Pages" is the anomaly.

• Click on Discussions >>> see list of all Discussions
  • Click on Announcements >>> see list of all Announcements
  • Click on Pages >>> See Home Page >>> click on View All Pages >>> see list of all Pages

The proposal here is:

• Click on Pages >>> see list of all Pages

The term "Pages" is plural. Clicking on "Pages" should therefore take the instructor to multiple "Pages."

robmike
Community Member

It does seem the behaviour of the "Pages" link is inconsistent with the behaviour of the other menu links, and I can't see a reason for it personally. 

There is a lot of wasted time in my workflow having to load the front page again, then click the link for all pages, and then have that load again. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.