[New Quizzes] Rich Content Editor (RCE) for Matching Question Types

The Rich Content Editor (RCE) is available to use in *most* quiz question types, but not Matching questions. A lot of our instructors would like to use images, or bold/italicize text, or use other options in quiz answers, and without the RCE they are not able to do that. It needs to be available to use in ALL quiz questions types.

As an example, some of our IT instructors would like to be able to use Matching questions, and have students match an icon with a term/definition. Without being able to use the RCE for the answer spaces, this is not possible.

Please consider making the RCE available for ALL quiz question types.

Added to Theme

Build dynamic question types Theme Status: Identified

88 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @ejackson ​

So happy to see this idea come through!  There has been such great conversation around the RCE and quiz questions lately and we were so excited to see it available in quiz question feedback boxes now!

To help our community prioritize and our developers track voting and progress will you please modify this one to only one question type and then submit the other question type as a separate feature idea.  Thanks!

biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi  @ejackson ​.

As  @Renee_Carney ​ mentioned, we continue to take in all the great feedback and improve the availability of the RCE in quizzes.

Definitely edit this idea to reflect the matching questions. With your IT Teacher use-case, there is definite value in enabling the RCE when designing these questions.

However, I'm not entirely certain how images would work effectively in the multiple drop-down menu-type of questions. You'd have to clarify further and also provide a use-case. So, feel free to submit this as a separate feature idea.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Smiley Happy

ejackson
Community Champion

Sorry for the delay in replying, I have been out of the office. I will get this modified today.

Deactivated user, Do I just reply with my modification here, or do a new submission?

Thanks.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

You will see an edit option to the right of this idea that will allow you to edit the original.

Thank you!

ejackson
Community Champion

Ah, yes. Sorry, it's been a crazy morning and I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it. I have edited it now. If you think the title needs changed any to better reflect what I'm trying to say, please feel free to do so. Thanks!

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Just a reminder that this feature will open for voting one week from now on August 5th.

ejackson
Community Champion

This is August 5th, and it's not open for voting yet??

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

We will open them all today.  Its a manual process.  Please be patient with us!  Smiley Happy

ejackson
Community Champion

Sigh..... okay..... but patience is not ever been one of my strong points. Just ask  @kona ​ about that.....  😉

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

140528-Are-We-Bearly-There-Yet.jpg