H5P Interactive Content Integration

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

This is an awesome FREE online quiz and interactive content generator that includes over 30+ different content types.

I have blogged about it here and included several worked examples: H5P - Free Interactive Content Creation with HTML5 

H5P already intgrates with Moodle and plans for LTI integration is on their road map:

238540_pastedImage_2.png

They just need a little helping hand..

Comments from Instructure

We are happy to announce that Joubel has partnered with Instructure and development work has been completed. Beta testing of the H5P integration is wrapping up. Contact them through their website for more information. Joubel | Creating a richer web experience 

32 Comments
chana
Community Novice

HP5 is very robust and would allow a huge number of interactives to be added to Canvas. It would replace all authoring tools, making building interactive content simple and fast. Here is a partial list of what could be integrated:

Layout – allows for columns, drag and drop, iframe embedder for url or a set of files, create collages of multiple images, generate bar and pie charts, accordion (create vertically stacked expandable items) and agamotto (create a sequence of images that gradually change), course presentations – no need to use Google slides – use this to create interactive slides with or without parallax effects

Activities - Fill in the blanks, text-based drag and drops, hotspots on images (including multiple), short answer, interactive and moving images, videos with built-in interactions, interactive text highlighter, memory games, quizzes with various question choices (including T/F and multiple choice), personality quizzes, questionnaires, answer questions using voice, multimedia timelines, and dialog cards (create text based turning cards), social media integrations, math Quizzes - create time-based arithmetic quizzes

Thanks!

vu_hoangle
Community Member

It really useful tool for online learning. Now I can include h5p + scorm as a scorm object to get score in Canvas LMS.

melinda1_willis
Community Novice

Gideon,

This is a very helpful outline to access the the h5p.  This integration will make google life much easier by streamlining documents and access points for the students. I will use this to manage a wider variety of digital assignments and assessments. It will also help in accessing prepared presentations more smoothly.  Thanks for highlighting this new feature, I am really looking forward to becoming a fluent user. 

~Melinda Willison 

hyim
Community Explorer

Hi Vu,

Can you please describe how you are doing this.  The more detailed instructions you can offer the better.

Thanks,

Hyim

a1224143
Community Participant

I think H5P will be great when available as a Canvas LTI... What would be good is some way of tracking activities - or is this already possible with xAPI / TinCan or similar?

The H5P video really tool looks like a great way to add valuable interactions such as quiz and navigation points.

vu_hoangle
Community Member

Hi Hyim,

Sorry for late response, Do you still need this one?

hyim
Community Explorer

Hi Vu,

Thanks for responding at all.  Yes, please!!! I do still need it and I imagine others could benefit as well.

GideonWilliams
Community Champion

Hurrah, 100 votes! Here is hoping for some traction on this in the new year...

vu_hoangle
Community Member

This is my personal email. Contact me if needed! hoangvu199181@gmail.com

I shared with you this folder
H5P - SCORM - Google Drive 
This is one of h5p memory game I built on h5p within scorm inside. Contact me if you need something. 

a1224143
Community Participant

Interesting new H5P auto-marking of essays tool at:

New Release: H5P Essay and Course Presentation Summary Redesign | H5P