Include Course Format in SIS Export Report

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Even though Canvas has added a new field "course_format" (data type = enum, accepted enum values are on_campus, online, blended) to the SIS import course.csv file, the course_format file is missing when you generate the SIS export report of the courses. 

SIS Import Header Fields
course_id,short_name,long_name,account_id,term_id,status,start_date,end_date,course_format

SIS Export Header Fields

course_id,integration_id,short_name,long_name,account_id,term_id,status,start_date,end_date

Would it be possible to include the course_format field in the SIS export report?

Thank you.

Thiha

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12064 

9 Comments
dragonultima
Community Explorer

Why is this field not in sis exports yet?

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

taye

Thank you for finding this nuance.  I had a chat with the product manager on this one and he has requested that you submit this one through support.  He'd like to have a support ticket to track and prompt a fix.  It does seem like an oversight to us that there would be an input method, but not a matching output. 

Please feel free to comment on this thread with your support ticket number, in case others want to track.  

Thanks.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Also...  I gave support a heads up and their expecting the ticket!  If you submitted one prior to this idea, go ahead and ask for it to be reopened!

taye
Community Novice

Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:19 PM
To: Aye, Thiha
Subject: Canvas Support Update: Finding the course_format setting for multiple courses. 

Hello,

Your Canvas case has been updated with a new message.

Thank you so much!  I look forward to the resolution.

Thiha

Thiha, 

At the request of our community team, I have sent this issue up to our engineering team for further investigation.  

We appreciate your patience as we work to get it resolved.  

Thanks so much!
Have a great day!

Rachel
L2 Support
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2017-08-14) .

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-08-26) 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

taye Thank You  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @dragonultima  Thank You  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas! 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed