Include ID numbers on all Student reports

Jump to solution
DavidSchlater
Community Participant

I am not sure if this is something that needs a support ticket, or if Canvas wants me to post this to the Ideas area in the community, but I've found using New Analytics that areas where you see a student name sometime do not show ID Number. For example, on the Student tab, the large report as you scroll down titled "Student Details" and it only has Name. The "Student Overall Averages" graph above, when you click on a bar, does show SIS User ID - which is great.  However, when you click on the "Submissions Breakdown" chart next to it, this only shows "Globaluserid" which seem like an internal number and one that is not useful (at least to us) and perhaps a bug. When you click on the first number on the top left on the Student tab for "Students with a Current Course Score < 60" you only see Name and no ID at all. Anywhere we see a person's name we should see SIS ID for that name. This will allow us to pull several reports and combine data easily. Maybe this is already in the works and we will see it in the next build?  @carlycurran 

Labels (1)
1 Solution
carlycurran
Instructure
Instructure

We are definitely working on fixing this! Thank you for the list of places you've come across without SIS ID 🙂 

View solution in original post