[ARCHIVED] Can check boxes and notes be added to the assignments section.

Jump to solution
thompsonl2904
Community Novice

As a parent I found it hard trying to keep track of the assignments my son had completed / needed to complete or had completed in class on paper, so i had to create my self a spreadsheet in excel, which helped us both sort out his assignments. (Long process) 

So under assignments, there are three sections, UPCOMING / UNDATED and PAST.....

but nothing to show my son had completed the assignment, so we had to go through every assignment to double check every time we went into canvas. (until spreadsheet was created) 

Is there any way a check box and notes section can be added to each assignment to help?

I know if I found this very frustrating, i can imagine how my son would have felt last year as a year 9 and i wasn't there to help.

Your thoughts would be amazing. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @thompsonl2904  

First, let me commend you as a parent for your high level of involvement and engagement in your children's learning! Wow!

Okay, this isn't possible in Canvas, but there is a feature idea out there that you might find attractive, and support with your vote if appropriate. You can also add your own use-case scenarios and comments.

You will find the idea at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/13252-customizable-checklists-to-add-to-modules 

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes