[ARCHIVED] In Modules, I want to duplicate a link to an external URL... why is this not an option?

Jump to solution
hkabat
Community Novice

In Modules, when I have a page that I'd like to duplicate for a subsequent module, I click on the three dots and COPY is an option.  Unfortunately, when I have an item that is a LINK to an external URL, it will not give me the option to copy the link to a subsequent module.  I keep having to recreate these, but would really like to just copy them like I can other types of pages... is there another way to do this?  (screenshot attached)

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Solutions
ysmalls
Community Champion

Hello  @hkabat ,

You can copy and paste that's about it, there is no option to duplicate external links.  If you could head over to Ideas‌ and recommend this as a function/feature.

Have a great day.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
hkabat
Community Novice
Author

A workaround I discovered is just to copy/Duplicate the whole module that contains the links I want copied, move the copied links to the new module where I want them, and delete the rest of the copied module.  

spetry
Community Member

I agree this is a work around but what a mess. What happened to simply making a copy of an item?

0 Likes