cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SusieShanlian
Community Member

Creating Quiz to have system Randomly Select a certain number of questions

Hello, I'm trying to create a quiz which has 15 question, but I want the system to pull a random batch of 10 questions each worth 2 point (20 possible points for quiz).  The quiz is set to allow retake 3 times.  Each time a student takes the quiz, it should display slightly different questions, but always 10 from the original 15.  I believe I followed the instructions properly from the link below, but when I PREVIEW the test, it displays all 15 questions and is giving 1 point per questions. I'm sure I've done something wrong.  Thanks for your support and information.

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-create-a-quiz-with-a-question-group-to-...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @SusieShanlian ...

Assuming that you are using the Classic Quizzes (not New Quizzes) option in the Guide that you linked to in your question...  did you make sure to drag all 15 questions so that the are *inside* that question group?  As you can see from my example, I have a question group that I created where it has three questions, but Canvas will only pick two of them to display to students...each worth five points.

QuestionGroup.jpg

I hope this will help a bit, Susie.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.