Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, I teach Middle School.  Modeling student work is essential to learning.  Therefore I rely heavily on 'student view' so my classroom display User Interface matches there individual devices (we are 1:1 device school).  However, I am frustrated that...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am a middle school teacher, and I have 5 sections I teach each day.  Is there a way to create a calendar event by class section?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

With several Teachers sharing one module with different student groups, every Teacher can access the report in the final ungraded survey and see what student feedback their peers received. That is through the CSV report generated by the Student Analy...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,There's a functionality I'm missing with regards to using rubrics with group assignments (or I don't know how to do it, and hopefully someone can advise me). I haven't been able to find any posts on this either.My set up is this: My students are s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm a parent, but somehow my email is linked to a student account. However, since I'm not a student, there's no courses attached to that account AND I can't link to my child's account as a parent since Canvas thinks I'm a student. As far as I can tel...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our institution configures several academic advisors wtih many observer enrollments which, in a given semester, results in dozens of observer course enrollments at a given time (to provide academic services / assistance for 100+ students). This resul...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello community, I have a problem with uploading a different type of SCORM package to Canvas than I am used to handling.Regular SCORM packages work fine, however I have a "vSCORM" package at hand which contains just an "e-learning link" - basically i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have a parent role in Canvas and want to change my login USER id. I could not find a way to do it. Can someone help me? Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The gradebook columns are way too wide, since they very inefficiently display the descriptions on one line.  You can drag the column to be narrower, however:The text does not move to the left, continuing to waste space.The assignment name just gets c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there way to create a tracker with multi grades of standards- for instance, is there a way to make a tracker with both 8th and 9th grade standards for teachers who teach honors classes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HiI have managed to import a SCORM package as a graded assignment in Canvas. It appears in the Assignments page correctly. It contains two self-marking quizzes which I can take and see my score as test student. But nothing gets recorded in the gradeb...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

sorry i missed my homework. something bad happened to me. Please open my homework so I can do it even if it's late. thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am grading with rubrics and Complete/Incomplete. Is the rubric grade ultimately what is used in the gradebook or is it all (100%) or nothing (0%). On the grade book I only see the check or X but within speedgrader I see the grade on the rubric. For...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

PSA: I'm a newbe to Canvas.I would like to repost a completed quiz and give students another shot at it. However, I would like to retain their scores to both attempts. Can I do this by, say, copying the quiz to a new quiz?  If so, HOW? This would be ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I recently gave a quiz question that required computation of the negative of the square of a number. For example, the formula I entered was -b^2. The normal protocol is to perform the power operation first, and then make the result a negative. Canvas...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to remove the overall percentage from showing in a Canvas course or at least make it optional. We grade on the 4 point scale and having to translate the 4 point scale to a 100% scale is confusing to parents who understand the tradition...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I'm having a "Comment Error" issue. As I'm issuing comments in the Speedgrader and I go to press enter to save them, I'm getting an "error can't be saved" message and it just goes away. This is happening across computers for me and sometimes as...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to get the dropdown of Associated and Unassociated choices within Manage Subjects > Assignments > More options, to show anything other than Unassociated.  I am aware that my Infinite Campus grade weights need to be set up as well as the s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I am a student and I do not know how to see my course rosters. Like i can see them for some classes, but not for others. How do I get to them? Any information will help! Thank you so much!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am grading a group assignment, however one group member didn't participate. When I go in and change the individual grade for that one group member to 0, it's changing the grade of all group members to 0. Please help.Thanks, Nadine 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I don't see the same options that are given as answers to allow students to take an extra attempt...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It would be great if there was a way to mass deselect late and missing assignments. I have to use a linked app (Amplify) to passback grades to Canvas and each time it marks student work as late. I then have to go assignment by assignment and change i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,1 - Using the enrollments endpoint I can get the total_activity_time and last_activity_at.2 - Using the analytics endpoint I can get the time each page view happened.I need also the duration of each activity by date per StudentEnrollment....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Because Canvas doesn't have a way to mark work due during the last week of 1st term as counting for 2nd term, I've put assignments due right before the end of term as having a due date when the next term starts (By the way, why can't we make an assig...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I'm trying to set an assignment with optional questions (e.g. the best 3 answers out of 4 questions will be considered for the assignment).Is there a way to select a rubric where I can assign marks to various questions (e.g. 4) but only conside...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,How do I add my daughter's courses to my list?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I changed my attendance to be ungraded, but still want to see how many days each student has missed. The attendance report is unwieldy. Anyone know an easy way to see # of absences per student in Canvas? Thanks!S-

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Is there any way to remove the icon that is now showing up next to all external links in Canvas, since it was updated within the 9-28-22 release? The icon is showing up on the links on Canvas login page too. We have tried a few things, as sugg...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello everyone,I am an admin in Canvas and I am aware of how to see what each student and teacher is up to in terms logging in and out and the time spent in each section. But is there any way in which we can extract this data in general terms, and no...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everybody,I wonder why students can edit and delete appointment groups that I've created. When I test my appointment group with a test account as a student, this test student can edit and even delete the whole appointment group.Actually I just wan...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies