Recording Participation/Attendance of Online Classes

robinwilson16
Community Member

I was hoping it was going to be possible to obtain participation/attendance reports for online classes based on if a student completed all the tasks that had been set for that specific lesson.

However, after speaking to support, this is not possible and I was advised to post it here so it could be considered as a future feature.

There is a Roll Call report but this requires someone to manually mark all the classes as they would a register when the data should already exist in the database assuming tasks were assigned and completed.

I was hoping for something similar to the following:

robinwilson16_0-1604534664849.png

With the increase in Online Learning due to lockdown and self-isolation the organisation need to monitor participation at a strategic level to know which areas/depts have issues and may need further support. At present there is no visibility into participation levels and it would appear this is not possible without asking staff to manually record this as they would if students were physically in class.

Please can this be considered or does anyone have any other suggestions as to how I might solve this or obtain this data? Ideally it needs to be straightforward as the college is supposed to submit daily attendance/participation figures so lots of VLOOKUPS would not be ideal.

Thanks

Robin